Monday, July 02, 2007

15 months, going on 10

I'd have to say that today was one of the better days I've had in a while. Ava had her 15 month pictures this morning, so we got up and met my parents for breakfast beforehand. She of course cheesed it up like a professional, then went and played her heart out at Gymboree and crashed for a much needed 3 hour nap. When she woke up is when the fun began.

Since we've moved into this house, I feel like I'm constantly doing something. Laundry, dishes, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, unpacking, hanging up pictures, picking up, and vacuuming some more. I feel like I rarely have time to sit down and when I do it's usually after Ava goes to bed. Because of the craziness I feel like I'm not doing as much as I need to with her so today I decided to take away all distractions, and give her my undivided attention. As soon as she woke up, I immediately turned off the TV and my computer and the only noises in the house was the laughter and jabbering of my little girl. I don't have a cell phone at the moment (mom moment #1578 I'll get to at the end of the post) so even that couldn't get in the way. It was just me and her and even though I knew it already she is just an amazing child. She's working on a vocabulary of about 20 words now, is repeating almost everything I say, mimicking alot of things I do and in my opinion is just sharp as a tack. And of course she's one of the funniest human beings I know. We laughed, we played, we read stories, I got lots of kisses and hugs, and of course I turned into a human jungle gym for alot of the time. Even the few tantrums that she threw didn't bother me. I just can't get over how my little baby has truly turned into a little girl, the changes every day are just remarkable. Watching her learn something new has to be one of the greatest things about motherhood, and knowing that I played a part in helping her is like nothing I can describe.

So, off on another random subject, I have been without a cell phone since Friday. Do you know what this is like for me? I have had a cell phone since 1995 and it is rarely far from my side. I had to get something out in the mail Friday, so when I realized that at 11:30 AM that the mail had already come, I decided to throw Ava in the car and take it to the post office myself. One small problem, I left the letter, my wallet and cell phone on the top of the car and drove off. It wasn't until about 1 mile down the road when I heard and saw my phone fly off the roof. I was able to recover my wallet (thank god) but all that was left of my phone was the back, and part of the battery. Not too worried about the phone, but the thought of re-programming all my numbers is enough to throw me over the edge. And do you know where the letter was? In my driveway of course.

Oh, another random subject, do you remember that race that I was training for? Well it's Wednesday, and guess what? I'm not running in it! Because of my foot injury I'm forced to lay off for a couple of weeks. Boo hoo. I told my girls I'll be at the finish line with margaritas. Hey it's the least I can do.

Happy 4th to everyone. Be safe!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I plan those kind of days w/the boys as often as I can. I LOVE those kinds of days, don't you? I have to agree w/you~those kinds of days make you realize just how special your children are (not that any Mom doesn't do that every day, but you know what I mean!). I'm glad you & Ava had such a great day together :)

That's terrible about your cell phone! Hope you get a replacement soon!

That's a bummer about the race! But, a nice gesture concerning the margaritas ;)

Happy 4th to you too!

betsy said...

sounds like you two had a beautiful day together!
and i dont know what id do without my cell phone for that long!

Laura McIntyre said...

Sounds like you guys made the best of the day, i try to make time just for my eldest when the baby is napping - buts it hard as there always seems to be stuff that needs done.
I hate being without a cell phone to , i don't get a signal at my parents and it drives me nuts.