Tuesday, April 24, 2007
I had intended to write a big long post about the trip, but I changed my mind. It was a great vacation, but there's nothing really interesting to tell. We ate, we drank, but the best part was the sleeping. Ah the sleep. I haven't slept that much in so long, and it was a little slice of heaven. And since Matthew was there on a business trip, he let me get alot of room service! The only bad part of the trip was the beginning, as our flight was 5 hours late taking off, but we got upgraded to first class and Matthew let me upgrade our rental car to a convertible so all was well. It's a good thing the airport bar was close to our gate. Oh, and sitting by the pool was nice too, except for the fact that there were 1400, yep 1400 high school kids there for some sort of Math tournament. Yee haw...
Anyhow moving on. Just for fun sake, I'll post a few pics here.
Self portrait shot, in the convertible, in front of possible the worlds best restaurant. Seriously, it was absolutely amazing. So amazing that Matthew got his $45.00 steak free because they had to send it back to be cooked a little longer. No big deal if you ask me, but since we weren't able to "enjoy" our steaks together, it was on the house.
Cell phone pic that I took while laying out at the pool.
Pissed off husband here totally didn't understand the importance of putting the top down every.single.time we left the hotel. His quote "no one's looking at you." To which I responded "Um...that's not the point."
This is what my legs looked like....
After I had a few too many of these by the pool...
Now I must run and put lotion on my itchy, peely body for the 5th time today.
Friday, April 20, 2007
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
Monday, April 16, 2007
- I kicked some serious ass at K.eene.land last Friday. I would tell ya exactly how much but I probably shouldn't. Let's just say I had to sign an IRS ticket so they will take taxes out...boo.
- Ava has officially dropped the morning nap. I thought it might be happening, but it's official now. She has gone from 2, 1 hour naps to 1 REALLY long one mid afternoon. Throws a wrench a little bit in my daily routine, but I'll take it!
- Tomorrow morning we are meeting with the bank, and then we are making an offer on what we consider to be our dream house. I never thought we would find something that we both love, but this house is it. However after our last experience, I'm not getting my hopes up. If we get it I'll be esctatic, if we don't we will move on and keep looking. Keep your fingers crossed that my realtor gets it right this time.
- On Wednesday Matthew and I are leaving for a much needed mini vacation to Orlando. He has to go for a conference, and his boss told him to take me along for the ride. I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to it. He and I rarely get away together for anything other than an occasional date night, so these 4 days are going to be pure adult bliss. Our anniversary was earlier this month, so I guess you can say it's a late anniversary present. The only downfall is leaving the baby for that long. I know she will be in good hands, I'm just going to miss the snot out of her.
- She is offically crawling all over the place. I don't know if it always happens this quickly, but my god. It only took her about 3 days. And in those 3 days things have definately become more challenging. I knew it would be, but honestly I was beginning to think we would skip crawling all together, and while I don't think it will last long, I'm going to enjoy every second that I can.
- My great aunt passed away last week after having a stroke. She was old and it wasn't unexpected, and I'm thankful that I have such a good lasting memory of her. We did a "generation" dance at our wedding, and her and her husband were the last ones standing. When she passed, they had been married for 65 years.
Since it will probably be her second birthday before I get around to posting pics from her birthday, I'll leave you with a picture of my normally super deliciously happy baby! This pic was taken on the day of her party...so at least I included one on there.
Oh and by the way....she's asleep so I'm off to catch up on blogs, and the news of the tragic shootings today in VA...I'm keeping all of those familes in my prayers.
Saturday, April 14, 2007
Better late than never right???
Monday, April 09, 2007
She's had d.iaper rash before, but I have never seen anything like this. There was even a slight moment where it appeared to be bleeding. Everytime we walked into her bedroom to change her she woud scream. Everytime I would even put a wipe near her she would scream and I cried and told her how sorry I was. I felt so helpless and horrible because even though I knew I was helping her, I didn't want her to think that I was deliberately causing her pain. I finally just let her air it out for a while, but in the hour that I decided to do that she pooped on two blankets and a towel. The poor child just didn't stop. The worst is behind us, but now the hardest part is keeping her hydrated. I put Pe.dialyte in her bottle but since we all know she won't take anything out of a sippy cup, she promptly used her baseball skills and hurled it all the way across the room. I finally did get her to take some water, but other than that all she had all day was milk and formula. She would not eat anything else. Yeah for another set back trying to wean from the bottle....
I tried to capture a few good shots of her with her Easter basket, and although they aren't as good as I wanted, she put on her brave face. She's such a trooper.
And I'm working on her birthday party post...I'll get to it eventually!!
And Happy Anniversary to my hubby....thank you for 2 glorious years! I can't wait for many more...
Tuesday, April 03, 2007
Monday, April 02, 2007
1. I have an anxiety disorder. I think it's always been there but has surfaced in a number of ways over the past year. Most of it relates to travel, as I now get motion sickness something awful. But traveling in general sets me on a whole new level. My doctor introduced me to Xanax...and he's been a good friend ever since.
2. I have one older brother, and we are both adopted. I never once thought about contacting my birth mother however she somehow found me. I made the mistake of writing her back, and now she will not leave me alone. I thought that I would change my opinion of her once I had my own child, but I have made it very clear where I want my relationship to be with her, and she cannot accept that so I have to move on. I have the greatest parents on earth and I would not do anything to hurt or jeopardize their feelings.
3. My second and third toe on both feet are webbed. I hated them, and my mom tried to make me feel better by calling them twin toes. I once asked a doctor to separate them and he wouldn't do it. He told me to go to the beach and look at every one's feet and I would find someone else who had the same thing. I didn't find any at the beach, but my third grade teacher revealed that she too had feet like that. I think she was my favorite teacher of all time.
4. I have a 13 year old step son. I have a lot of problems with him, but mainly they come from the fact that his mother is a piece of crap and isn't around enough to teach him the simple things in life. He might be coming to live with us this fall, and while my anxiety goes on high alert with the thought of it, I know he will be better off in the long run.
5. I had a miscarriage in early 2001. I broke up with the guy right after it happened. If the pregnancy would have taken, I would have delivered in December 2001 and would not have been at the company Christmas Party where I happened to meet the man I am married to now. I honestly feel that it happened to me for a reason.
That's it! I'm not tagging anyone, so feel free to do this if you like!
1. Nobody by Akon - no reason other than it's a perfect summer drinking on the patio song.
2. So Over It by Katherine McFee - I don't generally have the McPheever, it's just a song I heard last week after we got royally screwed out of a house. I was going to blog about it...long story short, we made an offer on a house, we were told that the offer was accepted, then we got a call saying another couple offered the sellers $11,000 more than asking price. Yep...but I'm over it so the song is perfect.
3. Say it Right by Nelly Furtado - This song is #1 on my IPod, and I love rolling down the windows and turning this one up.
4. Life is a Highway by Rascal Flatts - no real reason for this one...other than the fact that this song was popular the summer after getting my license, and I loved rolling the windows down and jammin to this one
5. Yeah by Usher - yeah I know this song is old, but I can't help it...I think Usher is hot and I get pumped up every time I hear this. In fact I like it so much I made my DJ play it 3 times in a row at my wedding...2 years ago.
6. This Ain't a Scene by Fall Out boy - just another good summer song
7. Wind it Up by Gwen Stefani - I hated this song at first, but now I can't get enough of it. Gwen's my girl
Tag, you're it Holly, Whitney, and Lisanne