Tuesday, April 24, 2007

And the blog slacker award goes to...

Me, of course. We got back from Florida on Sunday and I just can't seem to get back in my routine. When Ava's napping, I'm napping. I know I need to be doing other stuff but I'm beginning to feel extremely overwhelmed. We're moving in just over three weeks and there is so much to be done. I have yet to pack a single thing, and I have no idea when I'm even going to start. Ava is into everything and anything these days, and I can't turn my head for 2 seconds. I know, I know...that's what I get for wishing I had a crawler, and I guess I can thank my lucky stars she's not walking yet. Normally my parents are great for that, but conveniently enough they are now in Florida for two weeks.

I had intended to write a big long post about the trip, but I changed my mind. It was a great vacation, but there's nothing really interesting to tell. We ate, we drank, but the best part was the sleeping. Ah the sleep. I haven't slept that much in so long, and it was a little slice of heaven. And since Matthew was there on a business trip, he let me get alot of room service! The only bad part of the trip was the beginning, as our flight was 5 hours late taking off, but we got upgraded to first class and Matthew let me upgrade our rental car to a convertible so all was well. It's a good thing the airport bar was close to our gate. Oh, and sitting by the pool was nice too, except for the fact that there were 1400, yep 1400 high school kids there for some sort of Math tournament. Yee haw...


Anyhow moving on. Just for fun sake, I'll post a few pics here.

Self portrait shot, in the convertible, in front of possible the worlds best restaurant. Seriously, it was absolutely amazing. So amazing that Matthew got his $45.00 steak free because they had to send it back to be cooked a little longer. No big deal if you ask me, but since we weren't able to "enjoy" our steaks together, it was on the house.



Cell phone pic that I took while laying out at the pool.



Pissed off husband here totally didn't understand the importance of putting the top down every.single.time we left the hotel. His quote "no one's looking at you." To which I responded "Um...that's not the point."



This is what my legs looked like....



After I had a few too many of these by the pool...



Now I must run and put lotion on my itchy, peely body for the 5th time today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's totally understandable that you're tired after vacation :) You'll get your groove soon :) It is definitely difficult to pack w/children~I know from experience! The pics from your vacation are good. Glad you had fun!

Chastity said...

Girl, what the heck is up with the leg? Did you forget your sunscreen??

Becca said...

yeah yeah I know. I did put it on, but at that point the skin was already burning and it was too late!!! I have always been bad about it. I've always tanned, so I rarely use sunscreen. But obviously this time my skin had other ideas.

Anonymous said...

ahhhhhhh, that felt like a mini vaca of my own, cute beer! =) Glad you had a good time!