Two whole posts in one day? I know, I can't believe it either. But I was tagged by Whitney to reveal 5 things about me that I have never mentioned on this blog.
1. I have an anxiety disorder. I think it's always been there but has surfaced in a number of ways over the past year. Most of it relates to travel, as I now get motion sickness something awful. But traveling in general sets me on a whole new level. My doctor introduced me to Xanax...and he's been a good friend ever since.
2. I have one older brother, and we are both adopted. I never once thought about contacting my birth mother however she somehow found me. I made the mistake of writing her back, and now she will not leave me alone. I thought that I would change my opinion of her once I had my own child, but I have made it very clear where I want my relationship to be with her, and she cannot accept that so I have to move on. I have the greatest parents on earth and I would not do anything to hurt or jeopardize their feelings.
3. My second and third toe on both feet are webbed. I hated them, and my mom tried to make me feel better by calling them twin toes. I once asked a doctor to separate them and he wouldn't do it. He told me to go to the beach and look at every one's feet and I would find someone else who had the same thing. I didn't find any at the beach, but my third grade teacher revealed that she too had feet like that. I think she was my favorite teacher of all time.
4. I have a 13 year old step son. I have a lot of problems with him, but mainly they come from the fact that his mother is a piece of crap and isn't around enough to teach him the simple things in life. He might be coming to live with us this fall, and while my anxiety goes on high alert with the thought of it, I know he will be better off in the long run.
5. I had a miscarriage in early 2001. I broke up with the guy right after it happened. If the pregnancy would have taken, I would have delivered in December 2001 and would not have been at the company Christmas Party where I happened to meet the man I am married to now. I honestly feel that it happened to me for a reason.
That's it! I'm not tagging anyone, so feel free to do this if you like!