Friday, February 02, 2007

Date Night and Karoke

Well hubby and I had a "date" last night, if you want to call it that!! We try to go out on our own at least one night a week, but since my parents have been in Florida for over a month, we haven't much of an opportunity to get out. I guess before I go any further, I need to take a step back. He and I are very social people, and before we got married and before the baby we went out with friends ALOT. Obviously things have slowed down with the baby, so we really do try to have at least one night a week where it's just us, even if it's just for a couple of hours.

So getting back to the evening...I call it a date, but really we just went to Applebees, or as I call it "Crapplebees" as I'm not really fond of the food. They do, however have super happy hour prices and killer macaroni and cheese. We live in a pretty small town and there aren't a whole lot of options, but we go there because we always see people we know and it's good to catch up. As so many other nights have gone, we sat and chatted and had a few drinks, and then it was someones idea to go to another place for Karaoke (okay, I'm guilty, it was my idea). I'm really not a mean person...but watching these people sing is like my very own live version of the American Idol auditions. Too much fun!!!

I got to sleep in this morning...something that I don't get to enjoy very often, and then it was back to the daily grind as a SAHM...although one major piece of my morning was missing! They won't be home until late tonight so we will go get her first thing in the morning...and we're going to take advantage of another free night by going to dinner with some friends of ours. But don't think for a second that I am not counting down the minute where I get to plant kisses on those deliciously chubby cheeks!!! Being out of the house helps because I'm not sitting here thinking about how much I miss her.

I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful weekend....we got some snow last night, and the frigid Arctic temps are right around the corner. Sitting by the fireplace is starting to sound better by the minute!!

Florida pics coming soon!!

No comments: