Wednesday, June 04, 2008

More, more, more

More questions, more questions!

Chas asked if Ava had been a boy, what was his name to be? Why did you choose it? Also, any names in mind for this new baby?


For boy names we had it narrowed to Owen. Matthew liked the name Wyatt but for a few years now (and still today) I have had a dream where I had a little boy named Owen. I'm not sure where it came from, as I don't have any family members by that name nor do I know anyone. It stuck with me and to this day I still love that name. Ava's name actually came to us pretty easy. I remember early in my pregnancy reading about how Mar.tina Mc.Bride had named her third child Ava Rose and I just LOVED it. We've always known that our first girl would have Rose as her middle name. It's my middle name and it's my grandmother's name, and I just thought Ava Rose really fit together. We were also sort of toying around with Olivia, and the final decision wasn't actually made until I was in the delivery room, but I think we always knew that was what it was going to be. As for new baby...I think we both hesitate to even think about it right now. Obviously the last time we named a child the result wasn't what we wanted, so I think we will really settle and talk about it once we get past the 20 week ultrasound...which seems SO long away!!

If anyone thinks of anything else, keep them coming!

A few random things. I'm FINALLY going to see Sex a.nd the C.ity tonight. I was supposed to go Friday but when my friends told me they were going to the 10:40 showing, I politely bailed as that's way past my bedtime!

I go back to the Dr. on Friday, so think good thoughts. Obviously I'm hoping the pregnancy is still there (no doubts in my mind that it's not), but mostly I'm hoping I'm 9 weeks where I think I am as opposed to a week or so behind. Another week added to this trimester would seem like an eternity. I'll post as soon as I can...


7 comments:

Chastity said...

Very interesting! I don't blame you for not wanting to talk about names yet. I like the name Owen too. It's gotten pretty popular over the past few years. Have you ever read the book 'A Prayer For Owen Meany' by John Irving? Maybe that's where you heard the name...even if you haven't read it...it's a pretty famous book, maybe you just heard of it.

Jesser said...

Owen is such a nice name. I honestly have no idea what Tabby would've been called if she was a boy. We were hard pressed enough to figure out her name and my husband is (even more) ridiculous about boy names. OY.

Have fun at SATC!!

Anth said...

Owen sounds smart. I had the hardest time coming up with boy names.

And you know 20 weeks will be here before you know it! I'll pray for you for your drs appt. :)

Jessica said...

So it's friday here... I'm praying SO HARD for you... I hope that your appointment goes amazingly and that you're feeling so much better soon!!
:) In my thoughts...

Kirsten said...

Thinking of you and hoping everything went well today...

Eriness said...

Worried about you and thinking positive thoughts!!! Please let us know how you are doing.

Anonymous said...

Hi Becca! Just checking in on you~I know you had your dr. appt. Fri. & was checking to see how that went. Praying it was good news & that the absence is just due to morning sickness/pregnancy related. Update us when you can :)