Monday, February 11, 2008

2 Truths, 2 Lies...Part 1

So I mean to write this over the weekend, but lo and behold I got busy and I figured you wouldn't care to wait. I'll do this over two posts, and then I'll announce who came the closest.

Truths:

#1, and #3

#1. Both of my feet have webbed toes. I don't look like a duck, it doesn't make me a good swimmer, you probably wouldn't even notice them if you didn't know they were there. The only abnormal thing about my feet is that my toes are really short, but my feet are really long. I did ask the doctor at an early age to separate them. His advice was me was to go to the beach, and pay attention to peoples toes. I didn't do that, but I did find out that my third grade teacher also had them. She was my hero and I never thought about separating them again. If you are that curious, I'll post a pic.

#3. I have traveled extensively over seas. My first trip came as a Junior in college, when I participated as a cheerleader in the New Year's Day Parade in London. Fred Savage was the Grand Marshall of the parade, and I got to meet him. I thought I was the shit. Remind yourself this was 1993...so he WAS cool back then. I also went back there and spent 8 weeks studying abroad my senior year of college. Good times, good times.

My senior year my cheerleading team was one of 10 US squads to participate in an international competition in Tokyo. It was an incredible experience to say the least, it was hands down one of the cleanest cities I have ever been to.

My parents caught the travel bug many years ago, when my dad was on a traveling basketball team. They were able to go many places overseas and therefore when my brother and I were old enough they decided they wanted to pick up where they left off. My mom organized tours over the summers when I was in college, and over those 4 years I was able to travel to Spain, Morocco (WORST PLACE I HAVE EVER BEEN) , France, Switzerland, Italy, Scotland, Amsterdam, New Zealand and Australia...which was as Ava would say "Ah-sum"

Lies:

#4 and #5

#4. We did vacation as a family at the same place every year, but that stopped when I turned 16. The location was Hilton Head, and until 2 years ago I had not been back. Starting in the summer of 06, my best friend and I started going back with our kid(s), a tradition that I hope continues.

#5. I have not been a bridesmaid in 9 weddings, however one of my friends has. I have only been a bridesmaid in 4 (technically 5 if you count my best friend who got married in Vegas, but there was no dress for that one). And I didn't pass out, but a bridesmaid DID pass out at a wedding I was in back in 2006. And it was funny. And no one got it on video.

Part 2 continued tomorrow...I promise.

4 comments:

mumof4 said...

I have been to Hiltonhead with kids and found it a really good place to go. I can very much imagine making it a regular trip...if I still lived that way.....

Chastity said...

My oldest friend has webbed toes. I would have never noticed if she didn't point it out.

TEACHBROECK said...

I don't think I am going to get ONE right HA!

Anonymous said...

Don't think i would of got any right, you sure have traveled alot . I have visited all of Europe and parts of Africa,America and Canada but would love to go to Australia always looks so pretty.