Tuesday, November 25, 2008

How I spent the past 2 days

Here's some photographic evidence. Pics are from the cell phone and are beyond crappy but you get the idea. I've also been eating a shit load of chocolate chip cookies.






For weeks I've been putting off packing up Ava's summer stuff, but when I did her last load of laundry and realized that I couldn't possibly put anything else in the closet, I decided it was time. What I didn't realize is that I completely neglected to put away her winter stuff from LAST year, so I had more work to do than normal. I always hate putting the stuff away because it makes me incredibly sad that she will never wear this stuff again. But, anyway, it's done, and now her closet looks almost empty. The only solution I have for that is more shopping.


I'm going to try to post again tomorrow, but really we all know that won't happen so I hope everyone has a safe and Happy Thanksgiving. I'm off to work on getting my house ready for 25 peeps on Friday. And I might have another cookie Yes, I'm crazy.

8 comments:

Sara said...

Oh I hate when my kids outgrow cute clothes - I don't plan on having any more kiddies, but can't bear to part with my favorites of Anna's baby clothes!! At least with Savannah being older, I save her cute clothes for Anna to wear...but I too get down when it's time to pack up summer!!

TEACHBROECK said...

I have a sick attachment to my kids clothes...so sad.

Christy said...

Packing away baby clothes is sad. Giving away baby clothes is even sadder. I also have lots of trouble getting rid of old baby stuff - bassinet, bouncy seat, stroller. If my children have touched it, I want to keep it FOREVER.

Jaimie said...

It just dawned on me that I used up my last unused storage tub and I clearly need more. I said something about all the tubes of baby clothes I have in the basement at a group dinner and my boss made a comment about it being time to have a garage sale. I'm pretty sure I gave her a dirty look because MAYBE I will need those clothes again. It sure is hard though putting them away and thinking how much I liked something and wondering if I will ever see it on someone again. It is a lot more to it than just folding the clothes up and sticking them in tubs!!!

Anonymous said...

It seriously broke my heart when Meredith outgrew the cute newborn outfits that she wore at the very beginning. OMG, it was sad!!!
I *adore* this new design!!!

Texasholly said...

I am still working on the computer room. I hate this whole organization thing!

Emma in Canada said...

You appear to be hideously organized. Outgrown clothes are all ovr my basement and garage. I really need to get organzied and get them on kijiji. May as well as make some money off of them.

Nellie said...

Ugh. My least favorite thing to do is rotate Ellie's clothes out for the season. Not my idea of a fun day.