Sunday, January 20, 2008

Crazy Week

To say it's been a crazy week would be an understatement. I took Ava to the doctor on Monday to check out a cough that she's had for a week or so and it turns out that she had a double ear infection as well as an upper respiratory infection. Only her second ear infection so far (knock on wood) but the coughing was keeping us all up at night and it needed to stop. Take that and add "I" teeth finally breaking through, 8547 temper tantrums and I can say I've seen better weeks. To top it all off my parents are in FL for a month, Matthew worked late almost every night, and I came close to pulling a Britney and shaving my head. It would have saved me the trouble and energy of pulling each and every hair out.

In Ava news, I know I mentioned a while back that she was taking her clothes off in her crib, leaving much to be desired when I would get her up. Well I did solve the problem temporarily by putting onesies or body suits on under anything she had on. That worked....for about a week and now she has figured out how to pull the tabs of her diaper through the onesie, and while she can't quite get it all the way off, she can get enough of it off so that the goods still come out. It wouldn't be such a problem except for that she is now OBSESSED with putting her hands down her pants, and you can imagine what a mess this can create. Just today, I got her up from her nap and she had poop smeared all over her pants, shirt, arms and face. Immediately to the tub we went. This child now bathes on average of 2 times a day. I don't know what else to do. She's not interested in the potty. She will say potty and sit on it for a few minutes, and if she's naked she will get up and immediately find a more suitable place to go. I guess I just have to be thankful that my dog seems to think that baby pee is just as good as water.

Anyway, I haven't posted pics of her in a while so here are a few recent ones. Enjoy...
Anyone else think she resembles the mad scientist here?
Sitting in her big girl chair. One of my many recent Pott.ery Barn purchases. I have since been banned from shopping there from my husband.
Doesn't the dog just look thrilled to have her on his back?? Notice the medicine bottles in her hand. She is borderline obsessed with these. Bad yes, but you will be happy to know that the lids are on VERY tight.
Clearly getting good use out of her new easel. And yes she has fallen off, and does it stop her from doing it again?? Not a chance.
And last but not least a little video for your viewing pleasure. I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry at this one. Everytime I clean she insists on having her own cleaning rag, and stuff to spray. I pretend to spray it and she will go around and wipe down where I've just cleaned. Let's hope she still likes to clean when she's 10.

9 comments:

Chastity said...

She's so cute! I love that she has crazy hair, just like my Lila.

Anth said...

Funny - my daughter loves to carry around medicine bottles too. I have no idea why she is so fascinated by them! Thank goodness for child-safe lids!

Anonymous said...

yay, ava pics!
i love love love that she is such a good helper when it comes to "cleaning!"
as for the insistance @ taking off her clothes & diapers, i have no suggestions...i cant even teach TP how to pull off her pants!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, hilarious pics!!! she is such a cutie though! Love the cleaning routine, hope I can get my girl to do that soon. Thanks for sharing!

TEACHBROECK said...

AVA PICS!!! She is so beautiful..although I can see you probably don't think so when she has POO all over....THAT is one I have not heard of...I LOVE HER CHAIR!!! Of course I too am banned from any online shopping for 3 months....( I did sneak on ebay and get k 2 pair of softball shorts for dirt cheap..shh) I hope she is feeling better soon!

Anglophile Football Fanatic said...

Oh, she's such a doll. I think she'll grow out of the hands in pants. And, if she decides to become Al Bundy forever, what're you gonna do about it? I'm forever banned from PBK, too. Drat.

Jesser said...

She's soo cute. Love the video of her cleaning. What a crackup!

I read a blog a while back where someone was putting those zip-up pajamas (all one piece) on her kids backwards to thwart the removal of clothes. No idea if that'd work for you, but I thought I'd mention it.

Wendy said...

Lani loves to clean:) She is constantly getting into her wipies to wipe the whole house down. I wish that I could be more help with the clothes thing. Maybe you should put a onsie on the outside? HEE! I don't know:) Good luck though.

Anonymous said...

Little Man has that same chair (except in blue gingham, of course!) and he LOVES it! He calls it his blue chair and it's the best thing he's ever gotten. So hopefully you can tell your hubby that and he'll be glad you're such a brilliant wife! :)

And that first picture is too adorable!!!